The One by Young Living collection features three incredible, complex essential oil blends crafted in collaboration with The D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation: One Heart, One Voice, and One Purpose. Each blend supports a Foundation partner, local artisan or cause and every purchase helps expand our impact on the world.Read more...
One Purpose’s uplifting floral aroma honors the efforts of artisan women around the world who work to support their families, communities, and in turn break the bounds of poverty. Specifically, this blend is dedicated to the women of the world who lift themselves and their families out of poverty with their skilled artisanal work.Read more...
Versatile, bright and joyful, just like sunshine. That’s how we would describe this oil! Lemon essential oil benefits skin and hair as much as its aroma enhances your environment and supports your mood. This best-selling oil can be used in so many ways, making it a staple for every home.
JUST A DROP OF LEMON...
* Has a fresh, uplifting, citrus aroma
* Helps neutralize unwanted odors
* Cleansing and purifying
* Great addition to cleaning products & DIYs
* Removes sticky adhesives and residues from non-porous surfaces
* Can support the immune system when taken internally
* Has natural mucolytic properties
* Is high in limonene
* Contains antioxidants
Read on for more about why we love this oil and ways to use it daily….
Lemon essential oil has many benefits similar to sunshine. It can help brighten our moods, help us find and focus on the good, helps clean and purify and is good for overall health and wellness! Lemon is one of the most inexpensive ways to add incredible benefits to your health with daily use. So grab this citrusy oil and let a little sunshine into your life!
BACKGROUND & SOURCING
Originally native to Asia, the lemon tree wasn’t common in Europe until the 16th century. It is part of the evergreen family and reaches a height of about 20 feet. Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the rind of the fruit, is known for its cleansing properties, and is widely used in skin care and home cleaning solutions for these benefits. Its fresh, zesty aroma also makes it an important top note in perfumes, as well as an effective odor neutralizer when diffused.
*Constituents are naturally occurring compounds in plants (and therefore essential oils) that give them sprecic health-supporting properties
Limonene: known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-stress support, this is a powerful constituent with many health benefits
* Gamma-terpinene: a potent antioxidant, Chinese medicine believes that this constituent may halt the advance of unwelcome microbes, reducing the risk of colds and 'flu-like symptoms.’
* Beta-pinene: a powerful antioxidant, some studies have shown beta-pinene to support the body through inflammation, to help calm the mind and to ease the body from the ‘fight or flight’ response
LEMON & THE LIVER
The liver is the filtering organ of the body, so that means that every single thing we ingest or put on our skin goes through it to some degree! Everything gets filtered here, so it is incredibly important we show our livers some love and support them well! Not only is the liver the physical filter of our body, according to traditional Chinese medicine, anger and other negative emotions are stored in the liver. When the liver is functioning properly, it allows for the processing and release of both toxic emotions as well as physical toxins from our environment.
One of the ways that we can support our liver is with alkaline foods (typically greens, vegetables, etc). Because Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the rind of the fruit, it is alkaline and not acidic (like lemon juice). Adding Lemon to your daily wellness routine is a great way to support your liver on a daily basis.
LEMON & EMOTIONS adapted from Eryn Jones
As we said above, our liver is a filtering and storage organ, and our emotions can take up root here. There is so much scientific evidence that our emotions have a direct impact on our physical health. Lemon can help with release of many emotions, but here are three to start with:
* Frustration is closely tied to our expectations (of ourselves, of others, or of a situation or outcome). The other side, or opposite feeling, of Frustration is Accomplishment. Most of the time when we feel frustrated is usually because we fear that we are not going to accomplish what we want to do/ feel/ or have happen! Releasing Emotional Patterns with Essential Oils (https://amzn.to/3GRAgyJ) suggests rubbing a drop or two of Lemon along the ribs, near the sternum (above the bile ducts), and focus on moving beyond your limitations or expectations. If we store up enough frustration that does not get resolved it turns to chronic anger, which is highly associated with liver and gallbladder discomfort or problems. So it's good to let the frustration go!
* Lack, or the feeling of emptiness- when we don't feel "Complete". The other side of Lack is Full. This also makes this oil great for the Enneagram 7s and Enneagram 4s! Releasing Emotional Patterns suggests rubbing Lemon over the heart and chest while focusing on our completeness and all that we currently possess.
* Stuck, the opposite of feeling Transformed and moving forward. When we feel stuck we fear experiencing life. So rubbing Lemon on the sinuses can be helpful for branching out and having new experiences and getting un-stuck! Note: do not use Lemon (or other citrus oils) on skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight within two hours.
Lemon is a key player in so many of our favorite hair and skin care products (Lavender Shampoo & Body Wash!), our beloved Thieves cleaning products, and essential oil blends such as Thieves, Citrus Fresh, Clarity, Joy and Harmony.
* Lemon Essential Oil
* Lemon Vitality Essential Oil*
*Note: Lemon and Lemon Vitality Essential Oil are the same oil. Vitality oils are labeled for ingestion but are the same essential oil.
DAILY HABITS WITH LEMON
One very simple way to support your liver on a daily basis is with Lemon Vitality! Lemon Vitality is cold pressed from the rind of the fruit, making it alkaline and not acidic, and our livers love alkaline things. But aside from liver support, there are so many ways to use Lemon oil!
Add Lemon to your food and drink… (See more in the Lemon Vitality Recipes Resource linked below!)
* Add a few drops of Lemon Vitality to warm water and drink first thing in the morning before any other food or drink.
* Add a few drops of Lemon Vitality to your water and sip throughout the day.
* Toss raw greens (kale, arugula, spinach) with olive oil and Lemon Vitality.
* Add a few drops of Lemon Vitality to your daily NingXia Red.
* Add 1–2 drops of Lemon Vitality to a vegetarian gel capsule and take it daily for immune support and healthy weight management.
* Use in place of lemon zest in recipes
* Convince your kids to eat the sliced apples in their school lunch by tossing them in 2 drops of Lemon Vitality essential oil. Lemon Vitality provides powerful antioxidants and will also help keep those vitamin-packed wedges from turning brown.
* Add a few drops of oil to a batch of lemon cookies or pound cakes for a delicious twist!
Apply Lemon for its health and skincare benefits…
* Add Lemon to a roller bottle with R.C. or Raven to help boost the expectorant qualities, support airways and break up mucus.
* Add a drop to your conditioner to promote shine in your hair.
* Add a drop to your moisturizer or use it as a spot treatment to help with blemishes.
* Use Lemon essential oil as a natural nail polish remover.
* Add to the ‘Nature Roller’: 10 drops each of Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint in a 5mL bottle and use them when the seasons change for respiratory support!
* Use Lemon to spot treat oily skin areas such as the t-zone.
Use Lemon for Household Cleaning…
* Use to remove stickers on glass (without the nasty chemicals!).
* Add 1-2 drops to your dishwasher for sparkling dishes.
* Add Lemon to wool dryer balls (https://amzn.to/3sVXyhs) for a fresh scent (and ditch the dryer sheets!)
* Use Lemon to remove childhood art from the walls or furniture! Lemon pairs well with Thieves Household Cleaner for this. Make sure to do a spot check if you are worried about the area.
* Pre-treat stains with a couple drops of Lemon oil, then apply Thieves Dish Soap directly to the stain OR make a DIY Stain Stick:
* 30mL roller bottle (https://amzn.to/32ck0cm)
* Fill just over ⅓ with Thieves Dish Soap
* Add 1 tsp Hydrogen Peroxide (https://amzn.to/3v1rKuh)
* Add 15 drops Lemon Essential Oil
* Fill remainder with Thieves Household Cleaner and shake to mix.
* Apply directly to stains to pre-treat.
* Make a DIY Laundry Scent Booster and ditch toxic laundry products:
* To a glass jar with a lid add:
* 1 cup Epsom Salt (https://amzn.to/3oZDTfi)
* ½ cup Fine Sea Salt (https://amzn.to/3p1Gi9s)
* ½ cup Baking Soda (https://amzn.to/3h0jGSm)
* 30 drops Lemon Essential Oil (or a mix of desired oils)
* To use, add 2-3 Tbsp directly to the laundry.
* Add Lemon to your homemade cleaning products for extra power (just don't apply directly to granite or marble).
* Add 15 drops of Lemon to diluted Thieves Household Cleaner for a daily spray.
* Add 10 drops each Pine, Lemon to Thieves Household Cleaner and dilute for a mop solution.
* Mix 10 drops Lemon oil + ¼ cup Baking Soda (https://amzn.to/3h0jGSm) + 1 tsp Thieves Household Cleaner for a kitchen and bath scrub (add more baking soda to consistency as desired)
* Clean a slow moving drain with baking soda (https://amzn.to/3h0jGSm), white vinegar (https://amzn.to/3h20zaq) and lemon oil. Pour ¼-½ cup baking soda onto the drain, drop 2-3 drops Lemon onto it, pour ¼-½ cup vinegar onto the mixture and cover with a cloth for 10 minutes. Then pour hot water into the drain.
* Diffuse Lemon to neutralize unwanted odors and fill your space with its uplifting and refreshing aroma. It is lovely paired with Peppermint, Thieves or other citrus oils!
Our diffusers are running 2/47, and Lemon is one of our favorites to add to the diffuser. Try out these fresh blends anytime of day.
* Luscious Lemon: 2 drops each of: Ylang Ylang, Lemon, Eucalyptus Globulus, Lemon Myrtle or Lemon Verbena, Spearmint, 1 drop of Cinnamon Bark
* Fresh Start: 4 drops each Lemon, Lavender, Raven or R.C.
* Seasons Change: 3 drops each Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Copaiba
* Be Well: 5 drops Thieves, 4 drops Lemon, 3 drops Lavender
* Deep Breath: 4 drops Lemon, 4 drops Rosemary, 3 drops Peppermint
* Seaside Air: 4 drops Lemon, 3 drops Spearmint, 3 drops Lavender, 3 drops Grapefruit
* Baking Cookies: 4 drops Lemon, 3 drops Vanilla, 3 drops Peppermint
* Pink Lemonade: 6 drops Valor, 4 drops Lemon
* Lavender Essential Oil (https://www.youngliving.com/us/en/product/lavender-essential-oil)
* Peppermint Essential Oil (https://www.youngliving.com/us/en/product/peppermint-essential-oil)
* Thieves Household Cleaner (https://www.youngliving.com/us/en/product/thieves-household-cleaner)
* R.C. Essential Oil Blend (https://www.youngliving.com/us/en/product/r-c-essential-oil-blend)
* Orange Essential Oil (https://www.youngliving.com/us/en/product/orange-essential-oil)
* Thieves Essential Oil (https://www.youngliving.com/us/en/product/thieves-essential-oil-blend)
* Thieves Roll-On (https://www.youngliving.com/us/en/product/thieves-roll-on)
(Reprinted from Life Steps)