One Purpose’s uplifting floral aroma honors the efforts of artisan women around the world who work to support their families, communities, and in turn break the bounds of poverty. Specifically, this blend is dedicated to the women of the world who lift themselves and their families out of poverty with their skilled artisanal work.
This blend's subtle scent layers and depth can enhance your connection to your personal strengths and purpose. One Purpose represents the power of unity and the strength that comes from supporting each other in our purpose. This blend can be used during quiet moments to foster courage and become aware of your life's purpose, along with the discipline it takes to carry that purpose forward each day.
One Purpose essential oil blend celebrates the strength that comes from working together for a higher goal. Specifically, this blend is dedicated to the women of the world who lift themselves and their families out of poverty with their skilled artisanal work. These inspirational and entrepreneurial women work as Young Living partners, making handcrafted, artisanal jewelry and gifts for Young Living.
Since 2017, Young Living orders to these artisan collectives in 10 different countries have provided over 800,000 fair-pay work hours to more than 10,000 artisans who have made nearly 350,000 individual handcrafted items.
- Valor: Valor features Frankincense, Black Spruce, Blue Tansy, Camphor Wood, and Geranium. It was formulated based on historical writings about Roman soldiers who were said to apply aromatic plant extracts to instill feelings of courage and confidence before going into battle.
- Sacred Frankincense: It is believed that this oil was obtained from the resin variety brought to the Christ Child at his birth. It has a grounding, woodsy aroma that enhances meditation and spiritual practices when used aromatically.
- Rose: Rose has a sensual aroma that allures you to its high-frequency notes, creating a peaceful, loving, and nurturing environment at home and setting the mood for romance.
- Ecuadorian Ylang Ylang: Ylang Ylang, traditionally known for its romantic appeal, has a calming and balancing aroma for a peaceful, happy heart.
- Ocotea: Ocotea essential oil was used historically in traditional ritual soothing.
- Lime: Lime uplifts the senses with its lively, refreshing citrus aroma.
THE HEART BEHIND THE ARTISANS
The One Purpose label came about as a collaborative effort between more than 20 women who are part of Mabira Collective in Uganda, with the final design created by Diana Laruni, an aspiring young Ugandan artist. While many of these women experienced poverty, lack of education, and abuse in their pasts, they have banded together with the unified purpose of providing a better life for their children. The design is a combination of beads representing their handmade jewelry craft, leaves and water representing the earth from which many of their materials are derived, and a circle representing their circle of women coming together with one purpose.
One of the Mabira artisans, Eve, used to live on the edge of subsistence and was only one setback away from having nothing. Sometimes she earned enough to provide one meal a day to her three children, but sometimes they went without. All of that changed when she joined Mabira Collective. She learned how to make beautiful jewelry and, for the first time, was paid what she deserved.
“I have three children who are my world,” Eve says. “Before Mabira, I was only able to think about how I could find food for them each day. Now I look to the future and am working to own a home. Because of my hard work, my children have enough to eat and are enjoying going to school.”
For each wholesale purchase of One Purpose, 35 percent is donated to The D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation to support its efforts to protect and empower the world's youth. This mission includes helping women break the poverty cycle and achieve financial independence. This assistance will help them support their families and communities and break the bounds of poverty.
HOW TO USE
- Diffuse One Purpose at home to enjoy the enlightening, uplifting aroma.
- Apply daily to support your own connection to your unique purpose as you help others find theirs.
- Use in massage, Vita Flex, or reflexology
- Use alongside the Feelings Collection.
- Use in your prayer, meditation or spiritual practice to foster courage and become aware of your own life's purpose.
- Place 1–3 drops on the top of your head with these intentions: I focus my life's purpose with courage, strength and keenness of vision to guide me.
Just LOVING the YL Foundation bracelet this year!! The tiger eye chip beads are incredible and this diffuser bracelet made by women of the Mabira Collective in Uganda is SO beautiful. It stacks well with past YLF bracelets too!
Mabira Collective is a woman led social enterprise that supports a school for children with disabilities. Mabira also provides stable employment that offers women the opportunity to grow, learn, and lead and helps pay for school fees and health care. I love these fair trade items the foundation are sourcing. Perfect for adding to your collection of stackable bracelets and for gift giving!